Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Nutty Thing To Do


We took this picture in Mai Salong. She has been chewing the nut her whole adult life I'm sure. See what it does to the teeth and lips?
We have a relatively good point and shoot camera with a good zoom. Neither of us take closeups of people without their permission unless we are really far away and they can't tell we are focused on them. We often ask permission and show the picture to the person afterwards. One exception was the curious baby. We couldn't ask or it would have changed the moment so we showed the picture to the mom afterward and she was so proud she wanted us to take another one!
I had a big argument with a guy who was taking pictures of the tea pickers. We were far away and took only a few. He stood next to the truck with the biggest honking camera you can imagine and just kept shooting for a long long time. It was like they were fish in a fishbowl and couldn't get away. I hated it and told him I though it was awful because I noticed they were uncomfortable with it. Maybe I should keep my big mouth shut sometimes........ I've seen so many rude photographers it drives me crazy! The other night we were in a restaurant and a monk was eating at the next table. A tourist came in and held out her arm pointing at him at close range and then took his picture. He was eating his supper for heaven sakes! Ok I won't rant anymore........

No comments: